Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Diamine Asa Blue Ink Review



Pen 1: No name calligraphy fountain pen, dry (title)
Pen 2: Hero 616 (details)
Pen 3: Waterman Kultur F (outline the Sapphire picture)
Paper: Domtar First Choice ColorPrint 32 lb

A playful deep blue ink.  It is quiet enough to read pages after pages of it, but it has a bright component to it, making it different from many dull dark blue ink.  I like it a lot.  I played with a sample for 2 weeks, and just ordered the actual ink from Nordic Pen Imports.  I found it stands out among the large selection of blue ink.

A mostly problem free ink.  I have it in my Waterman Kultur blue demonstrator F.  As you can see from the outline of the Sapphire picture, the lines are much darker.  I planned to use this pen to write the details, but it did not start right away, so I use Hero 616 instead.  It is probably the pen that has the problem, ink evaporation from not using it for a week, but until I test it in more pens, I will say start up can be problem for some pens.  It can shade.  You can see the differences from the three pens I used.  No feathering or bleeding. Good flow, lubrication, and dry time.

No comments:

Post a Comment